Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year To All Caregivers!

To everyone who drops by here, I want to
wish you a Happy New Year! Maybe you've
read an article of mine somewhere and that
led you here to my little blog.

(If you wanted to read more posts concerning
caring for aging parents, just scroll down the
page.)

I thank each one of you who took the time
out of your hectic days to visit. And, I know
how hectic they are. At the risk of sounding
sappy...I wish mine were like that again.

Because I miss my Mom. Even the bad times.
Which when we were going through them, I
never thought I'd say! Funny, isn't it?

So for 2008, I wish the best for all of you.
Reach out and take the help that's out there
for you. You simply can't do it all yourself.

When someone offers to help you, take them
up on it, please!

Look after yourself. That's the most crucial
thing of all. Because as a caregiver, you're
body is enduring things you are not even
aware of at the time. You just do it.

May this coming year fill you with a new
sense of peace, tolerance and understanding.

Exaggerate the good times. Minimize the hard
times. Give hugs. And, for pity's sake GET
HUGS. We need the human contact. What
else matters?

Tell your mother, father or whoever it is
you are showing your love and concern for,
"I love you."

Love and blessings for 2008!
-Karen