Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day To All Caregivers And Their Aging Parents

The day of love is here. Valentine's Day is not just for romantic couples. It's for everyone who loves. Their parents, their spouses, their partners, their friends, siblings, pets, you name it!

Hopefully, we feel the love everyday. Not just on February 14. But as caregivers, I hope you look at this day as a respite. If you're feeling stressed from the demands of looking after your elderly parents, take a moment and count your blessings.

I know that sounds trite and cliche but it is true. My Mom and I exchanged cards all the time. My most treasured ones are the ones she handmade for me when she was unable to get out in the stores. I don't have to tell you how much those mean to me, do I? I wish she were here now for this Valentine's Day...

So take the day tomorrow and find the spot in your heart that holds the best memories and cherish them.

Happy Valentine's Day, my friends!