Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Adaptive Clothing: Making Life Easier For Your Aging Parents

I hate to admit that when Mom was alive, I didn't even know about adaptive clothing. Now of course I feel so guilty. And you can all relate to those feelings of guilt, right? Not a day goes by when I don't find myself thinking of how I could have been a better caregiver to Mom. Intellectually I know it doesn't make sense to go over and over these thoughts in my head. But I do. It seems to be a caregiver's returning nightmare.

We can't go back in time, although we may wish we could. At least she lived with me and I could help her dress when she had difficulty but what of our loved ones who live alone and struggle with dressing? I guess my way of making it up to Mom is to let others know about adaptive clothing. At least, you'll know about them and have the choice if they're right for your loved ones.

Or you can tell your loved ones what's available out there that can make their life easier. And everything that can bring less stress to our days is a good day. So if you know of someone who has troubles with dressing due to limited mobility due to any number of afflictions to the body, tell them about Silvert's.

This company has been around forever and know how to treat their customers. They have a catalog chock full of adaptive clothing for all needs. Click on the Silvert's banner and the top of the page and have a look around.